Birth Savvy Birth and Beyond Classes are designed as a series.
Class 1: Better Birth Basics
- What is labour?
- Hormones of labour
- How to work with the hormones
- Managing the pain in labour
- Relaxation and breathing for labour and birth
- How to create a calm birth environment
- Managing common interventions
- Birth Preferences
Class 2: Active Birth
- Benefits of working with gravity
- Anatomy of labour and birth
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Positions for labour and birth
- Acupressure for induction, labour and birth
- Massage Techniques
- Birth Partner’s Role
Class 3: Becoming A Family
- The importance of the first hour after birth and what to ask from your caregivers
- The first 72 hour
- The first six weeks
- Baby’s sleep needs
- Breastfeeding basics
- Baby Led and Mother Led Attachment
- The Partner’s role in breastfeeding
- How to work together as a team for the best start to parenting
Just letting you know that in the early hours of Friday morning we welcomed a beautiful and healthy baby boy!!
All your advice was amazing and we definitely put it into practice. The staff were amazing and listened to what we wanted.
The staff actually commented about how well informed we were and we mentioned your name.
I would recommend you to everyone!
Thanks again” – Carrie