Better Birth & Beyond One Day Workshop
May 2 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Are you wondering where to start when it comes to getting the best birth possible?
Are you looking for a crash course in birthing, breastfeeding and early parenting?
Then Birth Savvy Better Birthing & Beyond One Day Workshop is perfect for you.
This Full Day Workshop will give you the knowledge, confidence, and tools you are looking for.
You will learn what you and your partner can do to have an easier, quicker and more comfortable birth and how to have the best start to early parenting.
We Will Cover:
- What is labour?
- Hormones of labour
- How to work with your hormones
- Managing the pain in labour
- Relaxation for pregnancy, labour and birth
- How to create a calm birth environment
- Managing common interventions
- Birth Preferences
- Benefits of working with gravity
- Anatomy of labour and birth
- Optimal Fetal Positioning and Spinning Babies techniques
- Positions for an easier, quicker labour and birth
Birth Partner’s Role:
- Physical and emotional support
- Massage techniques
- Acupressure for induction, labour and birth
The First Hours After Birth:
- Meeting your baby
- The importance of an undisturbed first hour
- Initiating breastfeeding
The First Few Weeks as a Family:
- Understanding babies’ needs in the first few weeks
- What “sleeping like a baby” actually means
- How to work together as a team for a great birth and a great start to parenting
You will also receive:
- Ongoing email and phone support up until your birth
*$220 per couple.
*You may be able to receive rebates from your Private Health Fund for this workshop
“I would highly recommend doing this workshop for first-time parents. It put my mind at ease about the birthing process and what each of our roles is (mother/baby/partner). My husband really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.
Kate was so helpful, friendly and a fountain of knowledge.
I didn’t feel like I was being told what to do, I felt that I was being given the knowledge so I could make my own choices on birth and what intervention, drugs or assistance I may want.
Plenty of time for discussion and questions.” ~ FTM 2018